AustCham Beijing Future Business Leaders Program
AustCham Beijing Future Business Leaders Program- Early Applications Now Open.
Watch the Application Video on YouTube.
Early applications for the 2014 intake of the AustCham Beijing Future Business Leaders Program are now open. Specific industry sectors and number of positions will continue to be updated until the end of December. Applications will close on February 21st 2014.
Please see below for how to apply.
The AustCham Beijing Future Business Leaders Program
“Congratulations to AustCham for assembling a world class program, we are thrilled with the outcome.”
– Brendan Mason, GM Cochlear China
The AustCham Beijing Future Business Leaders Program is an initiative of AustCham Beijing, developed in response to Australia's growing economic, cultural and political relationship with China. Previously know as the AustCham China Scholarship, the Program has been developing young Australians ability to flourish in the Australian- China Business environment since 2011. The scholarship is designed for students who have a long term passion for strengthening this relationship through their business or cultural pursuits. A typical candidate will have completed a Bachelors degree, have practical work experience, and have undertaken China focused work experience or academic studies. Although Mandarin language skills are not required to apply for this position, candidates who have taken the initiative in developing core cultural and language skills will be highly regarded. The Programs alumni will form the base of Australia's young, China focused, business and cultural leaders.
The goal of the AustCham Beijing Future Business Leaders Program is to foster the next generation of Australia - China business leaders. AustCham Beijing, along with its partners, believes that the development of China literate Australian business leaders is key to forming stronger long term bilateral links between the two countries. By integrating individuals into the Australia - China business community from a young age, we hope to cultivate greater cultural understanding and respect that will carry through to the highest levels of management in both countries.
The scholarship will achieve this by placing talented Australian graduates in key Australian industries in China through its comprehensive language, mentoring and work placement program.
The purpose of the program is to provide a comprehensive career development platform for Australians with a passion for developing a career in China or with a China focus. For these individuals the program has been tailored to provide maximum industry exposure, networking and learning opportunities on a professional, cultural and personal level.
What is available?
The 2014 Program will provide a number of positions for talented Australian students across a broad range of industries and academic backgrounds. The allowance of positions to each sector was decided based on demand from student applications. At this stage, keen applicants are welcome to apply for the Early Applications under non specific positions. Over the next month, more industry sectors will be released.
Positions in the following sectors will be made available to students:
Business, Finance, Accounting & Economics
LLB, BLaw, JD or other postgraduate equivalent
Chemical, Structural, Civil, Mining, Electrical, Mechanical (non medical)
Minerals & Energy
Geology, Environmental Science, Mining Technology, Renewable Energy
Policy & Advisory
Asian studies, Economics, Political Science, International Studies or Humanities
Arts, Marketing, HR, Management & Business
Each year we cannot guarantee the number of positions available in each sector. Individuals with niche academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply if they have maintained a cross-disciplinary skill base.
In 2014, we are also proud to announce the launch of the Marita Cheng- AustCham Beijing Engineering Future Leader, designed for aspiring female engineers, and theAustCham Beijing Indigenous Australian Future Business Leader, which will promote a young, China-focused Indigenous Australian.
Candidates who are successful in their application for the scholarship will receive the following*:
- A return flight to China
- Job placement with an Australian company (an AustCham member company)
- Language Training
- A stipend
- Invitations to attend AustCham’s career and professional development events
- Sponsorship to attend AustCham industry events and seminars
- Airport pickup, accommodation support, visa guidance and orientation
*Subject to MoU agreement.
Minimum eligibility requirements are:
- Must be an Australian Citizen;
- Must meet the eligibility criteria for a Chinese Z working visa;
- Must have completed a minimum Bachelors Degree, with proof of origional degree certificate;
- Must have 2 years work experience post date of graduation by visa application date;
- Must be able to demonstrate academic and working interest in the Chinese economy and culture;
- Must be willing to work in China for a minimum of 9 months with the possibility of staying on longer;
- Candidates must have a minimum of a High credit (70+) average or can demonstrate exceptional commitment to China Australia Bilateral relations through work experience, language study or Chinese university studies;
- Must be able to produce evidence of having no criminal record, provided by the Australian Federal Police, prior to visa application date;
- Must be able to produce an origional physical examination form, prior to visa application date;
- Must be able to provide all relevant doccuments in a timely manner to their Host Company for Z Visa processing.
How To Apply- Early Applications
To apply, please send your CV, two references, academic transcript, and short answers to the Questionnaire to:
Applications will close on the 21st of February, 2014, at 23:30 Beijing time. Successful Candidates will start orientation in Beijing on June 7th, 2014
Corporate Partners- Expression of Interest.
AustCham members are invited to participate in the 2014 Program. Companies will not only receive the HR benefits of accessing Australian brightest young business leaders, but will also gain the great exposure associated with the Program.
For more information, please download our Host Company Infomation Packtes .
Manager, Scholarship & Future Leader
+86 10 6595 9252