Breakfast Seminar: Economic Development and Investment Opportunities in Mongolia
In 2011, the Mongolian economy grew a staggering 9.8% and 2012 is likely to better that.
For players in the energy, transport, infrastructure, property development or capital investment sectors, this seminar will provide an opportunity to gain insight into the fast-growing potential of Mongolia, the world's second-largest landlocked country with vast unexploited mineral resources, and the next frontier of global economic growth.
During the seminar, Michael Aldrich will provide insights on:
- A chronology of mineral developments for the next 5 - 10 years
- The challenges and opportunities of starting or expanding a business in Mongolia
- The June elections and the likely impact on the country's policies (see Newsflash and article)
- Planned public-private infrastructure projects and IPO potential
Gerhard Wackenhut will outline the situation of investment in Mongolia:
- Ongoing continuous business and investment from companies, e.g. those already invested in China, or capital market in the (real) productive economy or trade, instead of finance market investment
- As an entrepreneur he will give examples of his practical experience, dealing with Mongolian business partners and government administration.
Michael Aldrich, Managing partner of Hogan Lovells Ulaanbaatar office. Michael has been a regular visitor to Mongolia since 1993 and has been a resident in Ulaanbaatar since April 2009. He is the first international lawyer resident in Mongolia and is currently advising both the Mongolian Government and public and private enterprises.
Gerhard Wackenhut, Executive Director at Nomin Holding Co., Ltd, known as the biggest company doing wholesale and retail trade on consumer goods in Mongolia. Wackenhut studied MBA with a focus on marketing management at Steinbeiss University, Berlin. He has more than 27 years of working experience in the marketing field, and since 2008 has resided in Mongolia focusing on business and strategy planning for foreign companies investing in Mongolia.
Venue: Marriott Hotel Northeast, 26A Xiao Yun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
8.30am – 9.30am: Presentations
9.30am – 10am: Q&A session
This event is co-hosted with the German Chamber and British Chamber of Commerce, Beijing.